People of the Book By Geraldine Brooks

 

People of the Book

By Geraldine Brooks

A friend told me to read this book, my friend loved it, raved about it but I just couldn’t keep track of the stories that kept going back into time. I understood the concept.

               Hannah Heath gets a call in her Sydney home about a precious medieval manuscript that has been recovered from the ruins of war-torn Sarajevo. A renowned book conservator, she must now make her way to Bosnia to start work on restoring the Sarajevo Haggadah.

              The miraculous survival of this manuscript is over five centuries of history. It keeps going back over the five centuries and some centuries are easy to understand, but some I found very hard to follow, almost as if I got lost but then found my way back again in during or after some centuries.

When it got back to Hannah in the present time I became interested again. People of the Book is a moving story about war, love and survival, sometimes a bit boring for me but I still enjoyed reading it.

Rating 6/10

Comments