Up In The Air, By Betty Riegel


My Review

I loved this book,  I suggest you go out and borrow this book from the library. Betty was so easy to follow and reading her story about her life captivated me right from the start.
          She starts as a small girl growing up through the end of World War Two and what being a little person during that era meant, and I am always interested in reading peoples accounts of a terrifying time this would’ve been, but back to Betty and how courageous her mum was raising Betty during this time, she grew up to become a wonderful young lady who had the dreams of the sky all wrapped up in her little heart.
She wanted to conquer the world instead of what other young woman prepare to do in this era, which is get married, settle down and have babies, instead she strived for the top and reached her dreams. She travelled the world, made loads of friends, dated, shopped, ate in the most exciting cities and best of all in the 1960’s had the most astounding career with Pan Am. I loved her story and if you want a book to lift your spirits and read about a dedicated young lady in the 1960’s then read this book.



Comments