A Mothers Choice By Elle Halliwell

My Review

I took forever to read this book because I did not want it too end. I love biographies and reading about other women’s lives, especially when they are as courageous as Elle’s. The start of this book caught me straight away, if I had no kids, no work I could have easily read this page to page too the end. Definitely would of needed wine and a box of tissues to go with. She started her story when she was a child and explained her childhood, her family, her partner and her dream of career paths, choices and aspiration’s. She accomplished the job she desired, didn’t take her very long and she is a great journalist. I actually remember reading her work in the gossip pages in the Sunday Telegraph years ago. She has such a beautiful face I hadn't forgotten what she looked like when I read those columns and when I heard about her devastating illness.
            In the book she explains what every woman feels deep down sometimes when we are at our best we are feeling on top of the world. Sometimes we think, can I lose it all?  Can I not have it all? I feel some of us have the fear or a fear. We have a friend, family or colleague who gets sick. We can have it all, as women, as mothers, well we can definitely try too and then it can all come crashing down.
            She got the devastating news of her Leukaemia. Without giving too much of the story away, then found out she was pregnant. I never for one moment thought she was selfish, who is anyone to judge when someone has to go through a horrific sickness like this and on top of it realises they are pregnant. It was surprising to me to read that is how people perceived her from time to time throughout.
Elle’s story is amazing, it is triumphant, inspiring and upbeat. She beat the odds and got to write a book about her experience and her life and I loved reading every bit of it, thanks Elle 


Comments